Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes....

Tyler loves Christmas carols, he sings them year round. Jingle Bells is his favorite. Feliz Navidad is way up there too. But his version of the Twelve Days of Christmas had me rolling! It went something like this:

......Two calling birds and a Pirate in a Pear Tree......


Maybe he was inspired by this guy......

Or maybe this one.......I actually this one is a little scarrier than the first one!

(Don't you love Google?)

A pirate in a pear tree? I couldn't help but start rolling. later it morphed again into "a pie ridge in a pear tree" A pie ridge? Maybe he has a longing for baked goods... Along with that, apparently they were learning all sorts of holiday songs in school and Ty didn't exactly keep them all straight. Did you know that the songs are actually The Eight Days of Christmas and The Twelve Days of Hanukkah? I do have to admit I was really happy for the mix up when Tyler talked Ben into singing The Eight Days of Christmas over and over and over and over again in the car on our way to dinner one night. I didn't know that a 15 minute drive could last so long, but I was happy the song was a least a little shorter, and there's always that pirate sitting up in that tree to laugh at....

1 comment:

Mia said...

I think I am afraid of the pirate in a pear tree...