Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm Home! Almost....

So I just got done spending a not so sunny, mild Christmas in San Diego. I went down to visit my hubby and was there for almost two weeks. I took the kids down and I do have to say, I LOVE VIRGIN AMERICA!!!!! Yup, that's who we flew with this trip and I can't see us flying anything else for a while.... It was definitely life saving, at least for my kids, they did survive the trip after all. This is what I saw when I got on the plane, this is what had my kids happy and occupied the flights down and back (there were a total of four, we had a connecting flight in SanFran down and back.), this is what saved what little sanity I had left.....


There were games to play, music to listen to, and TV to watch. The kids didn't even touch 3/4 of the things I packed for them... I have to admit that even I took advantage of the Red system as they call it. Why not when you have a bunch of different artists to choose from to listen to as I read my book while my children somewhat calmly played/watched games or shows of their choice.
This is where my husband is staying while he's working down in SD. It called Coronado Shores, it's actually a bunch of condos but the government contracts through a rental agency to rent empty units that are either on the market or the owners just are hanging at their other homestead for a while(because everyone there has more than one home). He has stayed there once before and we went down to visit him that time as well......
Our view on Christmas morning, it wasn't the sunniest trip to California I've ever had but it is the winter season.....The fog usually burned off by ten or so.
Yeah, can you blame me for not wanting to get in on that action! It was really nice having the beach right there to go play on. Ben got me a wet suit and rented a second board so that we could go out and surf. At one point, there was a seal swimming between us, it was so amazing to watch. It's times like that you just have to sit back and enjoy!
Like I said I'm almost home, I'm snowed out of my house right now so I've spent the past two nights at my Grandmas houses, yes that's plural, one night at each Grandma's place, the kids have loved it, so have my grandparents. I do promise to get some pictures of the trip up once I get back to my computer.......

2 comments:

Brits said...

Fun! I wish I would've flown that airline to and from Hawaii all those times. Those were nightmarish trips with our kids, probably more so for the people around us than ourselves.

Tiffany said...

I'll have to remember your tip on Virgin America!! I'm glad you had a good trip, but I'm glad you're back!