Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Unveiling

So to the one that I promised this to over a week ago. SO SORRY. Here it is. Let me present to you Our New Deck! Let the BBQs begin--Dates to be announced in the future.

So a year ago our house looked like this~


And then there was the work to be done in the hot, hot, hot sun...

But in the end it was SOOOOOOOO worth it! Did I mention that it was Ben and I doing all of this work.
Oh man, the number of screws that I put in. I wish I could have kept count but I'm pretty sure I can't count that high. Lets just estimate it at over 2500. I think that's pretty fair(and probably a little low).

Did I mention the aching muscles? and the sore back? The plus side? Working in the sunshine wearing my sunbathing attire! If you have to sweat you might as well get a tan while your at it :)


I can't wait for the hours and hours to be spent out there. Last night after Ben and the kids had been wrestling for a while we took some of our floor pillows and a few blankets outside and laid out there. We listened to frogs. Madison and Ty danced for us. The dogs came and visited and lounged with us.
I dreamt of patio furniture last night. Ben's alarm went off this morning. He said it was time to get up. I told him I was dreaming of shopping, give me five more minutes.
Do you think there is a patio furniture fairy that will magically leave a set or two of couches/tables/chairs for us?

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can't wait to see it in person!!! It looks amazing!!

Unknown said...

Impressive! It is beautiful!

Stefanie said...

WOW! Great job!!!! Wish I lived closer and could come visit you guys and hang out when you have your deck party. Maybe someday.

Rachel said...

Awesome job you guys!