Monday, February 23, 2009

My Sad Winning Story.

I went to go check out Tib today. Let me just state that I am SO JEALOUS! She's running off to yet another concert. I so wish I was going with her, or to any random concert in general.....

The following is the story of how I ended up at my one and only concert ever.

The year, 2001, I was married with a baby. There was a radio contest. It was a date night contest. The catch, they were looking for the most pathetic person to give the prize to. I called, I was desperate. I needed a night out with my hubby and I didn't care where it was or who I had to beg. So I told them my story.

I was 19 and had never been to a concert. When I was living at home, my parents never would have let me run of to some arena with thousands of rocking people having a good time. Then I got married and pregnant, wait, it was the other way around but who's keeping track? So being the loving protective man that he was, there was no way Ben was going to swoop me and his unborn child of to some place where people were jumping, dancing, singing, laughing, and having a good time listening to music blasting loud enough to give an unborn baby hearing problems for the rest of it's life. Then Madison was born. And we were broke. I was working full time and he was working part time and going to school, when he wasn't working full time and going to school. We had money but not for concert tickets. Our money was headed more in the direction of bills and diapers and wipes and formula (when I stopped nursing). So there I was a sad mom who just wanted to go out with her husband, child free, for one rocking night.

I gave the station my number so they could call me back on the slim chance I might have the saddest, most pathetic story in the world, and waited, and waited, and waited. They said they would call at 10 if I had won. 10 o'clock came and went, no ringing phone in our house. Then 11:30 rolled around and I was still up watching Xena, The Warrior Princess sitting in our water bed with my baby sleeping by my side when the phone rang! I KNEW IT! I knew that I was the saddest, lamest, most boring person they had ever heard of! SWEET! I answered the phone and all of my dreams had come true, at least for that night.

I had won the date night!

It was a two part package. The first sweet deal was two tickets to see the Barenaked Ladies at The Gorge.

After that came a $100 gift card for dinner at Restaurant 67 at the Edgewater Hotel in Seattle!

The concert was amazing and the food at the Edgewater was incredible! Nothing better ever came from telling the world just how sad your poor little life can be everyone in a while!

3 comments:

Devri said...

If it makes you feel better I never get to go to concerts..

Mia said...

You need to go to another concert!

tiburon said...

Woo hoo!!!!
I have never seen the BNL. I would love to.

And you REALLLLLLLY didn't miss anything.

The concert sucked. Bad.

But Keane will be awesome. I just know it.