Friday, December 12, 2008

My Second Job as an English Teacher

So Tiffany and I were at work yesterday, and I have to say I LOVE the fact that I can have conversations by email. We can sit there and chat and our bosses actually think we are working...silly boys and girls. Well Ben has just discovered that he can also talk with me by email from his Supervisor's desk too!

Which comes in handy since he's in San Diego right now. I have to type this part small because he doesn't like people knowing he's out of town.

Having said that, I have a 12 gauge shotgun, that I bought, with an 18 1/2 inch barrel and OO shells to load it with, made just for protecting my home. AND, I KNOW HOW TO USE IT! Don't mess with a Mom and her babies, you'll lose everytime!

Back to my story..... Ben and I had been having email conversations, which are nice because I miss him desperately. Tiffany and I had been talking as well and I had sent her the following....

Ben and I are talking more, I miss him more, I love him more. I can't wait to get to SD to spend fun family time together with him. Watching our kids play together while I sit by him on the beach and hold his hand. Or dig in the sand with him, or just walk by his side. Everything I imagine down there has him right by my side.

And she replied:

How romantic. Makes me want to write Chris a love letter.

Well I forwarded it on to Ben but I added this part to the start:

I really do feel this way.......I can't wait to see you!

And he replied back:

Your weird

Which prompted the following email to Tiffany this morning:

So when I sent him the little snippet of our email, he replied with a "You're weird." Except it was "your weird" Does that mean he's "my weird" or is just grammatically retarded? I think it's the second one but I won't be correcting him this time :)

Now for a couple disclaimers:

I am not claiming to be perfect with my English, though it's always been one of my peeves. I often find myself reflexively correcting my loving, patient husband when we are together, alone and sometimes in public.......I'm working on that.

Although I may be out of state, I have two killer dogs and a rabid bunny who will remain at my house. I also have a 24 year old, single, little brother (and when I say little, I mean younger because he towers over me now) who will be at my house and probably throwing a party daily that will be sure to attract not only my neighbor's attention but probably that of the local Sheriff Department as well. Needless to say there will be no room at my house for uninvited visitors. Not like you could find it if you tried...... Oh and did I mention that since my lil' bro. has moved to Idaho to attend BYU he has officially gone gung-ho gun crazy?!? He is a proud owner of an assault rifle (which he loves to keep near by) as well as a few other guns, so invaders beware! It would be so silly to even think about it!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love it! You are so funny!

Brits said...

Your so funny! ;) That's right, I'm saying that I'm funny. Or something.