Friday, October 30, 2009

Bring On The Rain


Apparently the inner writer in me has been waiting for a little watering. It seems as soon as the rains came back so did the ideas. Most of you know that here in Washington we get our share of rain, and most of your share too. That's okay I'll take it. Without the rain we wouldn't have all of these amazing trees that I'm so in love with.
The other day we were riding along in the car. It was raining. And I happened to hear the kids. As I was listening I smiled, hearing them talk to each other always brings back memories of when I was a kid. Me and my little bro are 28 months apart--Mad and Ty are 22 months apart. It amazes me how often their conversations mimic the ones Jon and I had.
There was a pretty good rain going on, were zipping down the road, they kids were quietly chatting and laughing. As I started really listening I heard them involved in some competition. they were racing rain drops. As the beads of water gathered on the window they would each pick one, and then wait for it to start making it's journey across the pane, gathering momentum as it absorbs the other drops around them. Eventually the drops went faster and faster and finished their journey. Then the race would start all over.
I still find myself watching raindrops on the window, usually I do it while someone else is driving but every once in awhile I MIGHT get distracted while driving.

1 comment:

Mia said...

I love the imagery of the raindrop race.