Monday, October 20, 2008

Here we go....

Okay so here is the first round of pics from my trip. I took a bunch so sit back and enjoy!
Here is my version of the pictures from the previous post, I snagged those of some web sites and of course mine are much better....So the view from our room, we stayed in the Tapa Tower which is also the tower I stayed in on my trip nine years ago, it was great for the sunset if we had been in our room at sunset ever....we weren't.And then there is Bellows! I LOVE BELLOWS! For all of you who aren't in on my secret Hawaii getaway it's called Bellows Air Force Station, if you are active duty, retired, civil service, or know someone who falls into any of these categories and can get them to Hawaii with you, you too could stay at bellows and wake up to this in the morning...... Okay, now lots more pictures. One day we took off not sure what our destination would be. We were going to go to my favorite beach, yeah the picture right above, but I got a call from my aunt that it was raining on that side of the island, so we went to the Dole Plantation.
At the Dole property they have the World's Largest Maze!!!! Of course we had to check it out!

They had these kiosks throughout the maze that had little stencils, there were eight total and the girls raced teh guys to see who could find all eight stations first. The girls won.


Then we drove teo the north shore and ben decided that none of the beaches were safe enough and friendly enough for his kids so we started back towards Waikiki when we stumbled upon this hidden treasure. I remember it from a previous trip and any one on the island will tell you this is the place to get true shave ice!


And after that quick stop we did make it to the beach in Waikiki, which in my opinion is the worst beach on the island but will always work in a pinch.

Okay, so that should be good enough for starters, and I have to bring in more pictures to share, no gaurantees on it being tomorrow but maybe I'll surprise me and all of you and have something sweet and sunny and succulent to share with you from Hawaii...

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

LOVE the pictures! Especially the ones of the baby pineapple. =)

Sarah said...

Nicole those are great pictures! I really like the one of Ben and Ty on their boards.

Betsy said...

Great pictures Nicole. It sounds like you guys had a blast!!!

Misty said...

yeah for pictures.

and...we probably will be needing sarah. i think natasha is still in the area too - maybe I'll give her a call.

Brits said...

Did you actually go to the Dole Plantation? I thought you knew better than that! You were a local once!!

tiburon said...

Ohhhh I am sooooo jillious!! I have never been to Hawaii - I will have to live through you. Can't wait for more pics!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures Nicole. I especially like the ones of Ben and Tyler in the pool. Our time share is at Ko Olina, so we have spent some time exploring Oahu. The boys love Matsumotos for shave ice and those North shore beaches are great. Michael lived on Oahu selling cars for a summer when he was 19... his second cousin is the Governor--Linda Lingle (you might notice a resemblance, ha, ha).

Devri said...

Yay!! YOu posted again...

Love all the photos, not one is my fav, all of them are. ofa lahi atu

irmaJ said...

So fun to see pictures of people having great vacations! Sounds like a great place to go. Someday maybe I will get to go to the islands.

Jenni said...

Give me some of that shave ice!